The Mississippi Board of Pharmacy is seeking an Executive Director. The individual should be a dynamic and motivated professional with a proven record of generating and building relationships, demonstrating exceptional communication skills and making critical decisions during challenges. The Executive Director should be an adaptable and transformational leader with the motivation to develop opportunities that further establish agency goals and missions and the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently. The MBP’s mission is to protect and promote the health of Mississippi citizens by regulating and controlling the practice of pharmacy and the distribution of prescription drugs and devices. The Board is comprised of seven pharmacist members who are all appointed by the Governor and is assisted by administrative staff which is led by the Executive Director who is appointed by the Mississippi Board of Pharmacy. To download a printable copy of the Executive Director Job Qualifications and Application Instructions, CLICK HERE.
Director will serve as the budget officer and will make, keep, and be in charge of all records, record books and any files required to be maintained by the Board. The Director will be provided with, supervise and have the aid of clerical, investigative and other office staff as necessary for the fulfillment of said duties and responsibilities. The Executive Director will be responsible for overseeing MBP office staff and will report to the President of the MBP. General duties and responsibilities as outlined in Article XXXVII of the Mississippi Board of Pharmacy’s Rules and Regulations (http://www.mbp.ms.gov/Pages/Regulations.aspx) include but are not limited to:
- Issuance of all licenses, registrations and permits to all pharmacists, businesses, facilities, pharmacies or other persons as authorized by statutes, rules or regulations;
- Maintaining, preserving and releasing any public records which are required to be kept by the Board;
- Administration of any examinations or tests required under statues or regulations;
- Serve as the representative of the Board on committees, boards or other organizations as necessary to carry out the Board’s responsibilities;
- Act as the Board’s agent and cause to be issued and cause to be served, all subpoenas, Orders of the Board, and any notice of Hearing and Complaint issued to any pharmacist, permit holder, business/facility, registrant, or other person under the jurisdiction of the Board and execute the foregoing for and on behalf of the Board;
- Provide initiative, leadership and input into any proposed legislation or regulations pertaining to the practice of pharmacy, the distribution of prescription drugs, pharmacy technicians and pharmacy externs/interns;
- Serve as the Board’s representative in the approval of all continuing education as required by Regulations of the Board;
- Serve as the Board’s representative when interacting and/or cooperating with other state or federal agencies or law enforcement entities.
- Citizen of Mississippi and a pharmacist in good standing with the MBP to practice in the state of Mississippi.
- At minimum, five (5) years of experience as a Pharmacist.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the Mississippi Board of Pharmacy's Executive Director position, please submit:
- Letter of Interest including why you are interested in the position. Please include the goals you would have as the Executive Director of the Mississippi Board of Pharmacy.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Three (3) Letters of Reference
Applicants must submit ALL INFORMATION via U.S. Mail. Emailed items will NOT be accepted. Applications should be mailed to the following address:
Mississippi Board of Pharmacy
P.O. Box 16768
Jackson, MS 39236